News and Announcements:
Help support local artists and save RESIN Gallery in Hermosa Beach from closing. Resin Gallery graciously hosted our student art show at the end of last school year. RESIN Gallery supports local artists and art students throughout the South Bay. Please help them stay open! For information about RESIN and how you can support, click on this button: ------->
All Students: Check Google Classroom for due dates, project instructions, and general announcements.
Parents: If you would like access to your child's Google Classroom account please email Mrs. Pottish to request access. Include your child's full name and class period in the email.
Advanced Art Supply List:
- Prismacolor Pencils 24 pack, or more if you can. (Check Groupon and Amazon for great deals.)
- Liquitex acrylic paints: Primary colors (blue, red, yellow) + titanium white, black, raw sienna, and burnt umber (Size: between 2.5 - 4 fl. oz. squeeze bottles are suggested)
- Acrylic/nylon brushes. Flat and round. Get short handled brushes with synthetic (springy bristles). Avoid: stiff boar's hair bristles and long handled brushes.
- 2 sharpies. Fine and/or extra fine.
- Hand held pencil sharpener
- Pencils (NO mechanical pencils).
- Store everything in a box approx. 16” long, 8” wide, 8” deep. A shoebox works great. No need to buy a fancy box. The box will be used to keep supplies organized, safe, and will be stored at school.
Mrs. Pottish's Teaching Schedule:
Manhattan Beach Middle School
Period 1: Advanced Art, 7th Grade
Period 2: Advanced Art, 7th Grade
Period 3: Conference Period
period 4: 6th Grade Art (Elective Wheel)
period 5: Advanced Art, 8th Grade
Period 6: Advanced Art, 8th Grade
Period 7: 6th Grade Art (Elective Wheel)
Art Room Rules and Expectations:
Follow Mrs. Pottish on Instagram: Class updates, Art inspiration, Student Art, Teacher Selfies, & more!